09 November, 2008

Prepared, preparing or not?



Came across two images that graphically illustrates the differences between those who prepare, and those who do not.

One noted local economist, Dr Dhanyshar Mahabir, has predicted “hard times ahead” for the Trinidad & Tobago. With rising double digit inflation, maybe we should spend our dollars on prepping, rather than holding it in bank accounts that pay 1% or 1.5% per annum. I’m eating rice this week that I paid $6/kg over 2 year ago. The same label sells it’s rice at $12.50/kg now. A 108% increase. If I had held on to the cash, instead of prepping, I would only be able to buy less than half the rice with the same money. I’ll continue to ‘invest’ in tangibles, so that my family will be insured against hunger, thirst, medical supply shortages and violent crime.
Every prep purchase is a premium on our family insurance (assurance) policy.

Prepare today. Survive tomorrow’s emergencies.

- Trini Funshooter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters