02 September, 2008

Hunters club meeting

Going to a hunters club meeting tonight. It’s also their AGM and I hope they will allow me to join. Hunting skills would be quite handy and valuable. I’m told it’s also a lot of fun. A fun skill that puts food on the table? Sounds good to me. Though I suspect it will be more challenging with air guns. The president is Kenneth Noriega, a 72 year old semi-retired auto mechanic, avid hunter and former forestry officer.

I found out today that hunters usually fall into three groups: dog runners, trappers and sentries. Sentries usually cut branches or the trunks of young trees and tie them with ropes into trees. These contraptions are called ‘scaffolding’ and the hunters/sentries sit on them, waiting patiently for hours on end for the game to approach a feeding site.

- Trini Funshooter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters